Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 2, 2013
Holier-Than-Thou vs. Empathy
I hate when I’m reading a person expressing his problems with religion, and some holier-than-thou Christian responds, “Well, you obviously have not been born again!” I much more admire the Christians who demonstrate compassion. And, by “compassion”, I don’t mean, … Continue reading
Posted in Religion Comments Off on Holier-Than-Thou vs. Empathy
For my weekly quiet time this week, I studied Psalm 114. In this post, I’ll use as my focal-point vv 1-4, which say (in the King James Version): “(1.)When Israel went out of Egypt, the house of Jacob from a … Continue reading
Posted in Biblica, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 1 Comment