Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Accountability, Seeing Miracles, and the Israelites in the Wilderness
As I’ve done my daily quiet time in the Book of Deuteronomy, I’ve thought about a view that one of my relatives has. According to my relative, people in this day and age can be saved, but they cannot be … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Deuteronomy, Family, Hebrews, Religion Comments Off on Accountability, Seeing Miracles, and the Israelites in the Wilderness
James H. Job, Sr.: I Can’t Help It: Do We Do What We Must Do?
I was in Indiana from February 16-25, attending my sister’s wedding and visiting with family. I stayed for some time at my Grandpa and Grandma’s house. For years at that house, I’ve noticed a pamphlet on one of the shelves. … Continue reading
Six Crises 13
On pages 367-368 of his 1962 book Six Crises, Richard Nixon talks about the religion issue in the 1960 Presidential election, specifically the fears that a number of Americans had that John F. Kennedy, who was a Roman Catholic, would … Continue reading
Posted in History, Politics, Religion Tagged John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Six Crises Comments Off on Six Crises 13
The Don Juan Man, and the Shy Man
For my write-up today on Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, I’ll quote something that James David Audlin says on page 37. The context is a story about a Messenger from the Creator who appears as a … Continue reading
Six Crises 11
I have three items for my write-up today on Richard Nixon’s 1962 book, Six Crises. 1. On page 300, Nixon responds to the charge that, at the 1952 Republican National Convention, he agreed to deliver the California delegates to Dwight … Continue reading
Posted in History, Life, Political Philosophy, Politics, School Tagged Barry Goldwater, Dwight Eisenhower, Earl Warren, Irwin Gellman, Jerry Voorhis, John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, Six Crises 2 Comments
For my write-up today on Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, I’ll use as my starting-point something that James David Audlin says on page 12: “Among many nations, including the Hodenasaunee and Tsalagi (Cherokee), these [New Year] … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion, Star Trek, Television Tagged Circle of Life: Traditional Teachings of Native American Elders, Feast of Tabernacles, James David Audlin, Mardi Gras, new year, Return of the Archons, Star Trek, Yom Kippur Comments Off on Festival! Festival!
Six Crises 10
On pages 296-297 of Six Crises, Richard Nixon discusses the importance of a liberal arts education in college, and how that prepared him for public life: “The small Quaker college I attended—-Whittier…did not offer a course in political science in … Continue reading
Posted in Life, Political Philosophy, Politics, School Comments Off on Six Crises 10