Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 23, 2013
The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years 16
I finished Irwin Gellman’s The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years, 1946-1952. I have a couple of items to discuss, then I’ll give my overall impression of the book. 1. In my write-ups on Gellman’s book, I haven’t gone into … Continue reading
Posted in History, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Helen Gahagan Douglas, Irwin Gellman, Jerry Voorhis, Richard Nixon, The Contender Comments Off on The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years 16
What Kind of Jesus?
In my last post on Lee Harmon’s John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened, I mentioned Lee’s view that John was John of Gisclala, who was influential in a Jewish revolt against Rome that led to the destruction of the Temple … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged Futurist Eschatology, imminent eschatology, John of Giscala, Realized Eschatology Comments Off on What Kind of Jesus?