Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Book Write-Up: Good and Angry, by David Powlison
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Daily Archives: January 18, 2013
My church had the second session of its Bible study on Romans last night. We’re going through Romans: The Letter That Changed the World, with Mart De Haan and Jimmy DeYoung. One person in the group said that we’re all … Continue reading
My latest reading of Irwin Gellman’s The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years, 1946-1952 was about Richard Nixon’s 1950 campaign for the U.S. Senate against Democrat Helen Gahagan Douglas. A big issue in that campaign was on whether or not … Continue reading