Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: The Abomination of Desolation in Biblical Eschatology
- Book Write-Up: Psychology and Spiritual Formation in Dialogue
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Book Write-Up: Between One Faith and Another
- Review/Critique of Ehrman, Bauckham and Bird on Memory and Jesus
- About Me
- Book Write-Up: Faith of My Fathers, by Lynn Austin
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 9, 2013
The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years 2
My latest reading of Irwin Gellman’s The Contender: Richard Nixon, the Congress Years, 1946-1952 was about Richard Nixon’s 1946 campaign against Democratic congressman Jerry Voorhis for Voorhis’ congressional seat. My post tomorrow will look at the narratives about the campaign … Continue reading
Posted in Communism, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged Charles Voorhis, Harry Truman, Irwin Gellman, Jerry Voorhis, New Deal, Richard Nixon, The Contender, unions Comments Off on The Contender: Richard Nixon, The Congress Years 2
What Kind of Lamb, and How Will He Remove Sin?
In John 1:29, John the Baptist says that Jesus is the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. (I draw here from the KJV.) This passage has long puzzled me. Did John the Baptist believe that … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, John's Gospel: The Way It Happened, Lee Harmon, Religion Tagged Caiaphas, Gospel of John, I Enoch, John the Baptist, Lamb of God, Matthew, R.H. Charles, Second Temple Literature, Testament of Joseph, Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs Comments Off on What Kind of Lamb, and How Will He Remove Sin?