Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Movie Write-Up: God's Not Dead 2
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 18, 2012
Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 1
I started Sheila Suess Kennedy’s 1997 book, What’s a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU? Sheila Suess Kennedy was a Republican who led the Indiana Civil Liberties Union. I have three items. 1. Is Kennedy a libertarian … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Andy Jacobs, Barry Goldwater, Bush tax cuts, Establishment Clause, Greg Dixon, Grover Norquist, Medicare, nativity scene, Paul Ryan, separation of church and state, Sheila Suess Kennedy, What's a Nice Republican Girl Like Me Doing in the ACLU?, William Hudnut III Comments Off on Sheila Suess Kennedy: Republican in the ACLU 1
Happy at Sinners Burning in Hell?
I finished George Marsden’s Jonathan Edwards: A Life. In this post, I’ll talk about something that Marsden says on page 536: “In one of his most controversial observations, Edwards argued that the saints in heaven would rejoice in knowing of … Continue reading
Posted in George Marsden's Jonathan Edwards, Religion Comments Off on Happy at Sinners Burning in Hell?