Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 6, 2012
Derek Leman on Isaiah 9:5(6)
Messianic Jewish rabbi Derek Leman has graciously given me permission to post today’s Daily Isaiah on my blog. I am glad to do so because today’s Daily Isaiah was one of my favorites! Daily Isaiah is something that Derek sends … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Isaiah, Jewish-Christian Relations, Religion Tagged derek leman, maher shalal hash baz, middle-east, Politics, Religion, theology Comments Off on Derek Leman on Isaiah 9:5(6)
Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 12: Ideological Flexibility
For my write-up today on Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I’ll use as my starting point something that Al Gore says on pages 348-349: “To most of us, the principle sounds unassailable: let the polluter pay. … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged 1992 Vice-Presidential Debate, Al Gore, Earth in the Balance, recycling, Tax Cuts Comments Off on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 12: Ideological Flexibility
Edwards’ Personality and Beliefs about Slavery and the Millennium
I have two items for my write-up today on George Marsden’s Jonathan Edwards: A Life. 1. On page 255, Marsden says the following about people’s reactions to Jonathan Edwards’ personality: “”While opponents found [Edwards’] scrupulousness cold and lacking in charity, … Continue reading