Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 4, 2012
We’re Going to Study…
This post is about what my church will do next for its Bible study. I was going to do a series, but I’ve decided not to do so, unless you can count two posts as a series! As I said … Continue reading
Posted in Apologetics, Bible, Christology, Church, Religion Tagged bible study group, bible study groups, divine inspiration, human-rights, Religion, theology Comments Off on We’re Going to Study…
Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 10: Rights
For my write-up today on Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I’ll talk about something that Gore says on pages 277-278. Gore says that “The emphasis on the rights of the individual must be accompanied by a … Continue reading
Posted in Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 10: Rights
A Powerful Sermon Series
For my write-up today on George Marsden’s Jonathan Edwards: A Life, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Marsden says on page 195, as he talks about a long sermon series that Jonathan Edwards gave about the history of redemption, … Continue reading