Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Steinmann on Archelaus, Antipas, and Herod's Death
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Conservative Anti-Bush Bibliography
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
- Book Write-Up: Postmortem Opportunity, by James Beilby
- “The New War on Terror”
Monthly Archives: December 2012
We’re about to start a new year! In this post, I’d like to review some of the things that I’ve done on this blog and in my life in the year 2012, as well as discuss what I’ll be doing … Continue reading
In my latest reading of M. Stanton Evans’ Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), I finished the chapter on health care, read the chapter on “The Population Scare”, and started the chapter on the … Continue reading
In Numbers 2, the tribes of Israel surround and face the Tent of Meeting, which is God’s Tabernacle, protected by the Levites. Each tribe has a leader. I thought about how much better I’d feel if I focused on God … Continue reading
Someone at church this morning asked me what I thought about the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. In the course of our conversation, he and I agreed that God doesn’t condemn or forsake people for being mad at God, for … Continue reading
In my latest reading of M. Stanton Evans’ Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), I read the chapters on education and inflation, and I started the chapter on health care. I have three items. … Continue reading
Psalm 109 is often classified as an imprecatory Psalm, one of those Psalms in which the Psalmist calls down curses on his enemies. But some scholars believe that the dramatic imprecations in Psalm 109:6-19 are a quotation of the Psalmist’s … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Clear and Present Dangers: A Conservative View of America’s Government (copyright 1975), M. Stanton Evans critiques the notion that big government helps the little guy while afflicting the better-off. Well, sort of. Evans also says … Continue reading
One question that has appeared more than once in my reading of Paul Knitter’s No Other Name? A Critical Survey of Christian Attitudes Toward the World Religions concerns the purpose of inter-religious dialogue. Knitter wants for it to be … Continue reading