Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The Death Penalty
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 28, 2012
What It Is Like to Go to War
I watched a good episode of Bill Moyers’ program last Sunday, after I came home from church. In it, Bill Moyers talks with Vietnam veteran Karl Marlantes, who is the author of the book What It Is Like to Go … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Holidays, Television Tagged Bill Moyers, home from war, Karl Marlantes, killing machines, marlantes, Memorial Day, Politics, Veterans Day, vietnam veteran, What It Is Like to Go to War Comments Off on What It Is Like to Go to War
Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 4: Clouds
A few posts ago, in writing about Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance: Ecology and the Human Spirit, I mentioned Al Gore’s reference to an argument that the greenhouse effect could actually lead to cooling, since it would result in … Continue reading
Posted in Environment Tagged Al Gore, Climate Change, clouds, Earth in the Balance, global warming, greenhouse effect, greenhouse gases, MIT, Richard Lindzen Comments Off on Al Gore’s Earth in the Balance 4: Clouds