Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Chapter 6 of The Stand
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Hoover and FDR: Liberal or Conservative?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- N.T. Wright on the Virgin Birth
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: November 18, 2012
Kristin Luker’s Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood 3: the Law Reagan Signed, and the Pro-Choice Movement
In my latest reading of Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood, Kristin Luker discusses California’s Therapeutic Abortion law during the 1960’s and the pro-choice movement’s reactions to it. As I said yesterday in my post about Luker’s book, the nineteenth … Continue reading