Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- John and Realized Eschatology
- About Me
- Beale on Revelation 17
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 16, 2012
The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony
I missed last week’s Bible study at my church because I was sick, but I got to attend last night, and I also had an opportunity to read the transcript for last week’s DVD presentation that the group watched. Essentially, … Continue reading
Kristin Luker’s Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood 1: What Is the Embryo?
I started Kristin Luker’s 1984 book, Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood. One reason that I decided to read this book was out of interest in the history of the pro-life movement. Specifically, I’ve wondered when or how a pro-life … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Life, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion Tagged Abortion, debates, Embryo, Kristin Luker, Pro-Choice, Pro-Life Comments Off on Kristin Luker’s Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood 1: What Is the Embryo?
Why Did the Person Who Recovered from Skin Disease Offer Atoning Sacrifices?
I’ve been reading Leviticus 13-14 for my weekly quiet time, and these are chapters on skin disease. One question that comes up in my reading of scholarly discussions of these chapters concerns why the person who was being purified after … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Leviticus, Rabbinics, Religion Comments Off on Why Did the Person Who Recovered from Skin Disease Offer Atoning Sacrifices?