Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 7, 2012
Blinded by Might 1
I started the 1999 book, Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson. Cal Thomas is a conservative syndicated columnist, author, and TV personality. And Dobson for a long time pastored Calvary … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, George W. Bush, Jerry Falwell, Political Philosophy, Politics, Religion, Ronald Reagan Tagged Alan Keyes, barack obama, Blinded by Might, Cal Thomas, Calvary Church, Conservative, ed dobson, Gary Bauer, George W. Bush, Grand Rapids, jerry falwell, Moral Majority, Religious Right, Unborn Comments Off on Blinded by Might 1
Illumination of Scripture?
I’ve heard more than one Christian say that, in order to understand the Bible, we need to ask the author of the book—-God—-what he meant. I find that sort of attitude to be arrogant, to tell you the truth, and … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Leviticus, Religion Comments Off on Illumination of Scripture?
Political Discussion: We Didn’t Change Each Other’s Minds, but We Saw Each Other’s Points
My brother came to visit this week, and we had a big political discussion on Sunday afternoon. My brother is a Republican who voted early for the Mitt Romney-Paul Ryan ticket. As for myself, while I registered as a Republican … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Economics, Environment, Family, Health Care, Life, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged business, Politics, private health insurance, transportation Comments Off on Political Discussion: We Didn’t Change Each Other’s Minds, but We Saw Each Other’s Points