Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Honest Prayer
- Transubstantiation: Was Thomas Aquinas a Semi-Calvinist?
- Is Luke’s Silence Evidence of Ignorance? — Vridar
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- About Me
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: November 7, 2012
I started the 1999 book, Blinded by Might: Why the Religious Right Can’t Save America, by Cal Thomas and Ed Dobson. Cal Thomas is a conservative syndicated columnist, author, and TV personality. And Dobson for a long time pastored Calvary … Continue reading
I’ve heard more than one Christian say that, in order to understand the Bible, we need to ask the author of the book—-God—-what he meant. I find that sort of attitude to be arrogant, to tell you the truth, and … Continue reading
My brother came to visit this week, and we had a big political discussion on Sunday afternoon. My brother is a Republican who voted early for the Mitt Romney-Paul Ryan ticket. As for myself, while I registered as a Republican … Continue reading