Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: November 3, 2012
Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 1
I started Robert Reich’s 2002 book, I’ll Be Short: Essentials for a Decent Working Society. This book was published in the year that Reich was running for Governor of Massachusetts, as a Democrat. But Reich did not gain the Democratic … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged disparities of wealth, Locked in the Cabinet, minimum wage, Robert Reich, unions Comments Off on Robert Reich’s I’ll Be Short 1
Psalm 101: Does Character Matter?
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 101, or, more accurately, I will use Psalm 101 as a starting-point to talk about the character of leaders. Psalm 101 is probably a Psalm by an Israelite … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Political Philosophy, Politics, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Tagged Bill Clinton, brick wall of reality, character, deal-making, Jimmy Carter, LBJ, Lyndon Johnson Comments Off on Psalm 101: Does Character Matter?