Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 25, 2012
A Debate That Included a Green
I recently watched the congressional debate for New York’s twenty-fourth district, which included Republican Ann Marie Buerkle, Democrat Dan Maffei, and Green Party candidate Ursula Rozum. To be honest, I’m a little confused about the districts. My online searches indicate … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Tagged 24th district, 25th district, Ann Marie Buerkle, Bill Clinton, buerkle, congressional debate, Congressional Race, Dan Lamb, Dan Maffei, Democrat, DePauw University, financial stimulus, green energy, Green Party, libertarian, moderate republican, New York, New York elections, Politics, Republican, Richard Hanna, Sandra Fluke, third party candidates, Ursula Rozum Comments Off on A Debate That Included a Green
Bruce Bartlett’s The New American Economy 7: Europe, and Concluding Thoughts
I finished Bruce Bartlett’s The New American Economy: The Failure of Reaganomics and a New Way Forward. In my latest reading, Bartlett continued to promote the Value Added Tax (VAT) as a way for the federal government to raise revenue … Continue reading
Posted in Economics, George W. Bush, Health Care, Political Philosophy, Politics, Ronald Reagan Tagged Bruce Bartlett, economy, George W. Bush, ronald reagan, Supply-Side, Tax Cuts 2 Comments
Grace and Philo
I have two items for my write-up today on Erwin Goodenough’s By Light, Light: The Mystic Gospel of Hellenistic Judaism. 1. On pages 131-132, Goodenough says the following about Philo’s view of Noah: “Noah…would appear to be the man who … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Greco-Roman, Religion 1 Comment