Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Beale's Amillennialism Contra N.T. Wright
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Ezekiel 28:16: Satan? Adam? Who?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: October 12, 2012
I went to my church’s Bible study last night, and we’re going through A Fragile Stone: Peter: Jesus’ Friend With Michael Card. We talked about the issue of moving, since Peter left behind his fishing occupation to follow Jesus. One … Continue reading
In my latest reading of The Great Betrayal: How American Sovereignty and Social Justice Are Being Sacrificed to the Gods of the Global Economy, Pat Buchanan talks about protectionism in antebellum America. In the early days of the American republic, … Continue reading
I’m still reading Larry Hurtado’s How on Earth Did Jesus Become a God? Historical Questions about Earliest Devotion to Jesus. In my latest reading, Hurtado argues that the claims by Jewish leaders in the synoptic Gospels that Jesus was a … Continue reading