Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Deism, Separation of Church and State
- Book Write-Up: Can Evangelicals Learn from World Religions?, by Gerald R. McDermott
- Isaiah and the Inviolability of Zion
- The Church Fathers Wrestle with Jesus' Declaration of Ignorance (Matthew 24:36)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- R.A. Torrey on the Sabbath and the Holy Spirit
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: October 5, 2012
I finished Jonathan Goldstein’s Anchor Bible commentary on II Maccabees. In this post, I’d like to elaborate upon the topic that I discussed yesterday: the rivalry between the Oniads and the Hasmoneans for the priesthood. On page 542, Goldstein states: … Continue reading
In my latest reading of Freedom from Want: American Liberalism and the Global Economy, Edward Gresser uses charts to argue against the idea that freer trade results in fewer American jobs and eviscerates American manufacturing. The first chart in my … Continue reading