Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Book Write-Up: Reading Buechner, by Jeffrey Munroe
- Soulen-clearing the way for a better story
- The Rush-Sandra Fluke Debate
- Veiled Rabbinic Attacks on Christian Doctrines
- Does the Bible Have a Place in the Academic Discussion of Theology?
- Finishing Van Seters' Life of Moses
- Book Write-Up: Phyllis Schlafly and Grassroots Conservatism, Kissinger on the Couch
- Book Write-Ups: Where's the Birth Certificate?, Killing the Deep State, America for Sale (Jerome R. Corsi)
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Patents and Invention (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 5:1-5
- Manufacturing Division: Is Black Lives Matter truly Marxist or a front for the ruling elite? — Adara Press
- Book Write-Up: How the Republican Party Became Pro-Life (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 4
- How I Changed My Mind about Trump
- Book Write-Up: The Gravediggers, by Phyllis Schlafly
- Church Write-Up: Romans 2-3
- Book Write-Up: Pornography’s Victims (Phyllis Schlafly)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 1-2 and Hope
Daily Archives: October 1, 2012
I started Edward Gresser’s Freedom from Want: American Liberalism and the Global Economy. Gresser got the phrase “Freedom from Want” from President Franklin D. Roosevelt, a strong advocate of free trade. That fits into a prominent theme in Gresser’s book: … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Jonathan Goldstein’s Anchor Bible commentary on II Maccabees, I’ll discuss Goldstein’s treatment of the two (or, technically, three) epistles at the beginning of the book. Epistle 1 is in II Maccabees 1:1-10a. According to Goldstein, … Continue reading