I’m still reading Arianna Huffington’s Third World America: How Our Politicians Are Abandoning the Middle Class and Betraying the American Dream. What impressed me in my latest reading was that Arianna was not chained to a particular ideology. Although she is believed to be on the Left, she said some things that would resonate with a number of conservatives: that the federal government botched up Katrina, and that the teachers’ unions inhibit educational progress. But she also criticized President Barack Obama from a liberal perspective, contending that only a minority of the stimulus money goes to infrastructure, which can create jobs and is badly needed.
Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- Church Write-Up: Messiah as Melchizedek; Jacob’s Stone in the Temple
- Kamala Harris keeps calling for Twitter to suspend Trump’s account. Here’s the company’s latest reply
- Pat Buchanan: Is the Interventionists’ Era Over for Good?
- Church Write-Up: Baptism
- Book Write-Up: Inflation (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Book Write-Up: Proverbs, by Irving L. Jensen
- Pat Buchanan: Is Trump At Last Ending Our ‘Endless Wars’?
- Church Write-Up: Rust
- Book Write-Up: The US Deficit (Opposing Viewpoints, 2013)
- Church Write-Up: Romans 10