Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Up: Renewing Moral Theology, by Daniel A. Westberg
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: September 5, 2012
Derek Leman on the Filthy Rags in Isaiah 64:6
Isaiah 64:6 says (in the KJV) that “all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags”. Many evangelicals have thrown this verse in people’s faces to contend that we all need Jesus to be our Savior and to cover us with his … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Isaiah, Religion Tagged derek leman, filthy rags, grand narrative, jewish rabbi, Religion, theology 2 Comments
Mitt Romney’s No Apology 5: The Economy
In my latest reading of Mitt Romney’s No Apology: Believe in America, Romney focused on economics. I have two items (and the second item has sub-items). 1. One reason that I wanted to read this book was that Romney defends … Continue reading
Posted in Asperger's, Autism, Candidates, Economics, Life, Politics, School Comments Off on Mitt Romney’s No Apology 5: The Economy
My Favorite Speech At Last Night’s Democratic Convention
Don’t get me wrong—-Michelle Obama was great! And there were substantive and educational policy speeches by Ken Salazar on energy and Kathleen Sebelius on health care. (But see here for a critique of Salazar’s claims. And, while I’m at it, … Continue reading
Realized Eschatology; Lord’s Day; Throne of Satan
I have three items for my write-up today on G.K. Beale’s The Book of Revelation: A Commentary on the Greek Text. 1. In my last two posts about this book, I have referred to Beale’s view that there is an … Continue reading