Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Movie Summary: A Matter of Faith
- Ramblings on Jeremiah 30:21: The Prince Who Dares (Or Engages His Heart) to Approach God
- Posts I Wrote Engaging Ron Dart's Thought
- Crucified on Earth? — What Did the “Ascension of Isaiah” Originally Say? — Vridar
- Book Write-Up (Loosely-Speaking): The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man, by Robert M. Price
- Does "The Conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan" Agree with John Walton?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- David Bryan on N.T. Wright and the Argument from “Anachronistic Anastasis” by Eric Bess — Κέλσος
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Monthly Archives: July 2012
I have four items for my write-up today on Newt Gingrich’s To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine. Their focus is on the environment and/or energy. 1. On page 240, Newt challenges the narrative that capitalism coincides with damage to … Continue reading
In an online discussion, Jay Gilbert made the following insightful comment about the Chick-Fil-A controversy and how government officials in Boston and Chicago are treating the business: “I fully support boycotting the restaurant (I have for years), but I think … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age, I’ll use as a pivot the Catiline conspiracy. You can read about the Catiline conspiracy here. Essentially, Catiline was a Roman politician who sought to … Continue reading
In my latest reading of To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine, Newt Gingrich talks about Medicare. He laments that a lot of money on Medicare is wasted on account of such things as Medicare fraud, lack of coordination, paperwork, … Continue reading
I have three items for my write-up today on Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age. 1. On page 156, Koester says that “The old Greek religion was a religion of city gods”, in which gods were … Continue reading
I have two items for my write-up today on Newt Gingrich’s To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular-Socialist Machine. 1. I actually liked Newt’s discussion about welfare reform. Newt refers to a proposal by Peter Ferrara, who was in the White … Continue reading
1. As many of you know, Sherman Hemsley has passed away. I was watching on the news yesterday about how he was a trailblazer when it came to African-Americans in television. That’s certainly cool, but, to be honest, I liked … Continue reading
I started Helmut Koester’s History, Culture, and Religion of the Hellenistic Age. I have two items. 1. In my last reading, Koester talked in a couple of places about the concept of a divine king. According to Koester, Alexander the … Continue reading
In my latest reading of To Save America: Stopping Obama’s Secular Socialist Machine, Newt Gingrich argues that tax cuts stimulate the economy, encourage economic mobility, and increase revenue. Newt looks at the Kennedy, Reagan, and Bush II tax cuts, and … Continue reading
Astronaut Sally Ride has passed on. She appeared on a Touched by an Angel episode, and here’s a summary of it, with pictures of Sally!