Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- About Me
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 12, 2012
Newt Gingrich’s Real Change 7
I read a significant chunk of Newt Gingrich’s Real Change, but I don’t want to comment on every single chapter and Appendix that I read. Rather, I’ll highlight two things that stood out to me in my latest reading. 1. … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Economics, Political Philosophy, Politics 2 Comments
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 76. I’ll post Psalm 76 in the King James Version (which is in the public domain), and I’ll comment on select verses. To the chief Musician on Neginoth, … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on Psalm 76
On Biases and “True Scholarship”
There is a good exchange of ideas under Nick Norelli’s post, The Idol of Scholarship and Academic Naivety. G. Kyle Essary writes: “It’s common to hear now: “‘I used to be a poor, dumb fundamentalist like many of you. I was … Continue reading