Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 9, 2012
On Lugar and Amendment 1
I have some links to share, in light of the recent election results. 1. Republican Senator from Indiana Richard Lugar lost the Republican nomination for Senate to Richard Mourdock, who was backed by a number of Tea-Partiers. I remember working … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Politics Tagged Current Events, human-rights, Politics, Religion, republican nomination, rhodes scholar Comments Off on On Lugar and Amendment 1
Newt Gingrich’s Real Change 4
In Newt Gingrich’s Real Change, I read Chapter 9: “An Example of Real Change and a Failure to Change: Giuliani’s New York City versus Iraq as Contrasts in Change Leadership”. 1. Regarding Rudy Giuliani, Newt essentially argues that Mayor Giuliani … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Iraq War, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Newt Gingrich’s Real Change 4
As I read more of Joseph Telushkin’s A Code of Jewish Ethics, Volume 2: Love Your Neighbor As Yourself, I thought about charitable giving to beggars and how I have handled it in the past. Telushkin told two stories that … Continue reading