Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: May 5, 2012
A Jewish Perspective on What God Does All Day
A while back, I wrote a post that touched on the issue of what God does all day. According to Plato, God contemplates the forms, which are ideals in heaven of which earthly things and principles are imperfect representations. Examples … Continue reading
Posted in Rabbinics, Religion Tagged concepts of justice, jewish perspective, Politics, quotes, Religion, spirituality Comments Off on A Jewish Perspective on What God Does All Day
Newt Gingrich on Health Care in Real Change
I read the material about health care in Newt Gingrich’s 2008 book, Real Change. I have four items. 1. One topic that Newt addresses in Real Change that I did not see in Saving Lives & Saving Money is doctors … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Health, Health Care, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on Newt Gingrich on Health Care in Real Change
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 75 and its interpreters. I have three items. 1. Psalm 75:2 says in the King James Version: “When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.” The … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time 2 Comments