Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- People of the Lie: George and Bobby's Parents
- Book Write-Up: A Light to My Path, by Lynn Austin
- Ehud: Reluctant Zealot or Idolater?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Is God Fair in the Book of Job?
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 19, 2012
A Contract with the Earth 19
In my last reading of A Contract with the Earth, Newt Gingrich and Terry Maple quote a statement by Richard Louv in Last Child in the Woods: “Nature—-the sublime, the harsh, and the beautiful—-offers something that the street or gated … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Evolution, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on A Contract with the Earth 19
B.T. Sanhedrin 90b and the Resurrection
I finished Brad Young’s Paul the Jewish Theologian. On page 125, Young quotes Babylonian Talmud Sanhedrin 90b. What’s in the brackets is from Young: “The Sadducees [minim; literally, heretics] asked Rabban Gamaliel, ‘How do you prove that the Holy One, … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Questions, Rabbinics, Religion 5 Comments