Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- The Christmas Wish
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Book Write-Up: Fire from Heaven, by Harvey Cox
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- Zephaniah, Son of Cushi
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Scattered Ramblings on Christians Leaving the Faith
- Book Write-Up: Walking on Water, by Madeleine L’Engle
- Book Write-Up: When the Son of Man Didn’t Come
- Book Write-Up: Hebrews, by Dr. Kathy Stewart
- Book Write-Up: A Man Attested by God, by J.R. Daniel Kirk
- Book Write-Up: Waves of Mercy, by Lynn Austin
- Book Write-Up: The Rise of the Prophet
- Sowing, Reaping, and Reciprocation
- Book Write-Up: Discovering the Septuagint
- Book Write-Up: The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life, by Jeremy Pierre
Daily Archives: April 18, 2012
Under Rachel Held Evans’ post, Better conversations between churched and un-churched Christians, Lynn makes an excellent comment: “There was a time when I wouldn’t have believed it wasn’t possible for people on either side of this divide to avoid hurting … Continue reading
For my write-up today of A Contract with the Earth, by Newt Gingrich and Terry Maple, I’ll highlight a passage from page 167: “Sustained environmental protection and new, safe, and clean environmental technologies will require commitments that cross hardened political … Continue reading
I started Brad Young’s Paul the Jewish Theologian. I have two items: 1. On page 3, Young quotes Abraham Joshua Heschel, who talks about Christian supersessionism: “The Christian message, which in its origins intended to be an affirmation and culmination … Continue reading