Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- About Me
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Psalm 45
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- The Unborn, Alcohol and Scripture, and the Afterlife
- Review: Why Christian Faith Still Makes Sense
- Michael Kok and Critical Questions for the Early High Christology Club
- Book Review: Charles E. Shepherd, Theological Interpretation and Isaiah 53
- Book Write-Up: God Against the Gods, by Jonathan Kirsch
- The Day the Sun Stood Still: Interpreting the Miracle of Joshua 10
- Quote on reading and a great blogging resource
- Story Write-Up: For This Child I Prayed, by William Gage
- Book Write-Up: The Sons of Isaac, by Roberta Kells Dorr
- Why Did God Make Me This Way?
Daily Archives: April 18, 2012
Under Rachel Held Evans’ post, Better conversations between churched and un-churched Christians, Lynn makes an excellent comment: “There was a time when I wouldn’t have believed it wasn’t possible for people on either side of this divide to avoid hurting … Continue reading
For my write-up today of A Contract with the Earth, by Newt Gingrich and Terry Maple, I’ll highlight a passage from page 167: “Sustained environmental protection and new, safe, and clean environmental technologies will require commitments that cross hardened political … Continue reading
I started Brad Young’s Paul the Jewish Theologian. I have two items: 1. On page 3, Young quotes Abraham Joshua Heschel, who talks about Christian supersessionism: “The Christian message, which in its origins intended to be an affirmation and culmination … Continue reading