Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- "Where Were You During Apartheid?"
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Desperate Housewives Finale
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- President Nixon's Psychiatric Profile 1
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Book Write-Up: The Touchpoint, by Bob Santos
- Derek Leman on “No Other Name” (Acts 4:12)
- Book Write-Up: An Amish Harvest
- Humility and Limitations
- Book Write-Up: Between Pain & Grace
- Book Write-Up: Genesis Revisited
- Book Write-Up: How Jesus Saves the World from Us
- Book Write-Up: A Doubter’s Guide to the Ten Commandments
- Book Write-Up: A Little Handbook for Preachers
- Book Write-Up: What Christians Ought to Believe
Daily Archives: April 15, 2012
The Atlantic had an interesting article recently entitled Ideological Voters Are Easy to Manipulate. Its argument is that ideologues can be manipulated to passionately support a candidate—-even one for whom they have misgivings—-through rhetoric or controversies. For example, many conservatives … Continue reading
At church this morning, the Pastor Emeritus conducted the service, since our Pastor is on vacation. In the children’s part of the service, the Pastor Emeritus was criticizing those who mock Tim Tebow for praying in public, when there are … Continue reading