Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Another First
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 12, 2012
A Contract with the Earth 12: Charity
For my write-up today on A Contract with the Earth, by Newt Gingrich and Terry Maple, I’ll highlight a passage from pages 112-113: “In 2005, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation paid out more than $1.4 billion to worthy recipients, … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on A Contract with the Earth 12: Charity
Imperfect, Yet Understandable?
I’m reading the Flood story in Genesis. I was trying to justify the Flood, since I reasoned that God is perfect and thus his acts should inspire me, as they inspire so many evangelical Christians who read the Bible. But … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Daily Quiet Time, Genesis, Religion Tagged flood story, men god, Religion, sons of god, spirituality, wickedness 2 Comments
The Pre-Sinai Law
I started David Novak’s Natural Law in Judaism. I can’t say that I understand it totally, but I do understand parts of it. Essentially, Novak is arguing that Judaism has a notion of natural law—-the idea that there are morals … Continue reading