Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Were the Maccabees Aaronides?
- Book Write-Up: Renewing Moral Theology, by Daniel A. Westberg
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: April 11, 2012
The Resurrection of Jesus, Apologetics, and Wanting to Believe
In the comments section of Rachel Held Evans’ post, So how was your Easter…really? , hjk states the following: “Rather disappointed in the whole sermon being devoted to proving the resurrection, rather than proclaiming and explaining what the resurrection means … Continue reading
Posted in Apologetics, Bible, Church, Holidays, Religion, Resurrection Tagged conservative christians, george macdonald, historical arguments, Religion, theology 2 Comments
A Contract with the Earth 11: Portland
For my write-up today on A Contract with the Earth, by Newt Gingrich and Terry Maple, I will highlight a passage that’s on pages 94-95: “Municipalities throughout the nation continue to take small but important steps. No city has been … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Environment, Political Philosophy, Politics Comments Off on A Contract with the Earth 11: Portland
Applicable Teachings? Eschatological Prophet and Guide
I finished volume 4 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. I have two items. 1. In volume 4, Meier talks about Jesus’ attitude towards the Torah and how to apply it. Meier believes that it is … Continue reading