Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- The Death Penalty
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 27, 2012
Does Everyone (or Anyone) Have to Be a Theologian?
There was an excellent post on Rachel Held Evans’ blog by an anonymous poster, entitled Will You Always Believe in Jesus, Mama? I heartily recommend the post. But what I want to talk about here is something that a commenter … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Life, Religion Tagged ancient israelites, anonymous poster, theological questions Comments Off on Does Everyone (or Anyone) Have to Be a Theologian?
Josephus Hated the Pharisees; Any Pharisees in Galilee?; A Return to the Garden
I have three items for my write-up today on volume 3 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. 1. I wrote a paper on the Pharisees for a class years ago. What I found in my reading … Continue reading
George Gilder and Susan Faludi
For today’s Women’s History Month post, I will talk about two articles by conservative economist George Gilder, whom Susan Faludi talks about in her 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. The first article is “The Relationship of … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Women's History Month Comments Off on George Gilder and Susan Faludi