Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
The Shooting of Trayvon Martin
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Current Events, Movies, Politics, Race, Television Tagged duke lacrosse case, george zimmerman Comments Off on The Shooting of Trayvon Martin
The Old and the New
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Religion Tagged faith, laughter and tears, lenten season, prayer of confession, Religion, spirituality Comments Off on The Old and the New
Charlotte Allen’s Critique of Susan Faludi’s Backlash
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Women's History Month Comments Off on Charlotte Allen’s Critique of Susan Faludi’s Backlash