Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Did the Ten Commandments Exist Before Moses?
- About Me
- Review: Reinventing Jesus: How Contemporary Skeptics Miss the Real Jesus and Mislead Popular Culture
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- In Tribute: Suzanne McCarthy, 1955-2015
- Ramblings on Day 1 of My Church's Sunday School Class
- Ramblings on Day 1 of My Church’s Sunday School Class
- Book Write-Up: After Acts, by Bryan Litfin
- Cook-the formation of the people of God
- Church 7/5/2015
- Book Write-Up: Christ in the Sabbath, by Rich Robinson
- End times and ever-fearful Christianity
- Doubt. . . And Belief
- Nullified Laws and the Rabbis: The Death Penalty and the Prophet
- Logos Free Book – Thomas Schreiner ‘s 40 Questions About Christians and Biblical Law
- Book Write-Up: Rescuing the Gospel from the Cowboys, by Richard Twiss
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading