Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Queen vs. Roots: The Next Generation
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- "Of Our Spiritual Strivings"
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Am Ha-Aretz, Sinners, and the Prodigal Son
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Current Events Write-Up: Middle East Interests, Gorsuch’s Non-Existent Fascist Club, Betsy DeVos, and Coal
- Book Review: The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War
- Review: The Pietist Vision of Christian Higher Education
- Pillars in the History of Biblical Interpretation
- Lee-Barnewall–egalitarian usefulness
- Trump, Big Government, the Export-Import Bank, and the Washington Swamp
- Book Write-Up: All She Ever Wanted, by Lynn Austin
- Lee-Barnewall–historical reflections on gender and evangelicalism
- Was the Gospel of Mark an Apocalyptic Text?
- Book Write-Up: The Making of American Liberal Theology (1805-1900)
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading