Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- About Me
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Who Was Nicodemus?
- Psalm 45
- The Unborn, Alcohol and Scripture, and the Afterlife
- Review: Why Christian Faith Still Makes Sense
- Michael Kok and Critical Questions for the Early High Christology Club
- Book Review: Charles E. Shepherd, Theological Interpretation and Isaiah 53
- Book Write-Up: God Against the Gods, by Jonathan Kirsch
- The Day the Sun Stood Still: Interpreting the Miracle of Joshua 10
- Quote on reading and a great blogging resource
- Story Write-Up: For This Child I Prayed, by William Gage
- Book Write-Up: The Sons of Isaac, by Roberta Kells Dorr
- Why Did God Make Me This Way?
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading