Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Christmas Wish
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Awkwardness, Forgetting, and Stephen King's IT
- About Me
- The Pagan Sailors' Religious Beliefs in Jonah 1
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Taking Stock: One Year After Trump
- Review: The Way of Hope
- Book Write-Up: Is This the End?, by David Jeremiah
- When Suffering Turns Your World Upside Down
- Carr-Paul, trauma, and zeal
- Church Write-Up: Surprised Not Shocked; Imputed or Practical?; Avoiding Hell by Productivity?
- Book Review: The Scandal Of Redemption
- Carr-trauma, atonement, and the Jesus Jews
- Book Write-Up: The Miracle Worker and the Misfits
- Fictional Characters Who Appear Even in Historical Literature
Daily Archives: March 25, 2012
This post is about the tragic shooting of Trayvon Martin. 1. George Will and Donna Brazile had insightful comments on ABC This Week. Click here for the transcript. George Will said: “That the law in question, the so-called Stand Your … Continue reading
For my write-up today on church, I’ll quote the Prayer of Confession from the liturgy: “O God of laughter and tears, we come in this Lenten season weighed down by the past. Sometimes we feel trapped by past actions, past … Continue reading
For this post, I will share some comments that I read on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I will focus primarily on a February 1992 article by Charlotte Low Allen in Commentary, but I … Continue reading