Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- Peck Knew More Than Kathy About God: On What Basis?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 20, 2012
“15 Reasons I Left Church”, and My Musings on My Own Church and Evangelical Experience
Rachel Held Evans has a good post this morning, 15 Reasons I Left Church. In this post, I will comment on each of her fifteen reasons. My purpose is not to tell people that they should go to church or … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Politics, Religion, Ronald Reagan Tagged Church, leadership, Politics, presbyterian church usa, Religion, theology Comments Off on “15 Reasons I Left Church”, and My Musings on My Own Church and Evangelical Experience
Meier on Christology: “In the Beginning Was the Grab Bag”
In my latest reading of volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, Meier was talking about the Gospel story in which Jesus walks on water, and the one in which he stills the storm. Meier … Continue reading
Susan Faludi, Backlash 19
In my latest reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women, Faludi talks about the Sears case, in which Sears was being investigated for sex discrimination. The defense for Sears brought on the stand a … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Ronald Reagan, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 19