Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 18, 2012
Remembering Mike Delfino
Desperate Housewives should be good tonight. TV Guide says, “On the day of a beloved Wisteria Lane resident’s funeral, each of the housewives reflects on the effect this person had on their life.” Of course, as those who watched last … Continue reading
Posted in Desperate Housewives, Television Tagged entertainment, tv Comments Off on Remembering Mike Delfino
Hagar and Single Parents
At church this morning, we celebrated Gifts of Women Sunday. Last year’s Gifts of Women Sunday was in May (see my write-up here), so I’m not sure why we are celebrating it in March. But I enjoyed the celebration this … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Religion, Women's History Month Tagged biology teacher, god had a plan, phyllis trible, reading comprehension, Religion, spirituality 1 Comment
Susan Faludi, Backlash 17
There were a couple of interesting items in my latest reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. First of all, Faludi talks about how Betty Friedan, a mother of the modern feminist movement, has … Continue reading
Posted in Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 17