Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- John and Realized Eschatology
- About Me
- Beale on Revelation 17
- God's Not Dead: Josh's Risk, and Professor Radisson's Conversion
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Roman Centurion
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 13, 2012
Jesus’ Ministry and the Parousia
For today’s write-up on volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus, I will talk about the relationship between Jesus’ ministry and the parousia (the coming of the Son of Man). I have long wondered what … Continue reading
Foreshadowing Vinick as Santos’ Secretary of State?
I’ve been watching The West Wing over the past several months with my Mom and her husband. We finished the final season, Season 7, last week. I thought this morning: It was awesome that Democratic President Matthew Santos selected his … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Television, West Wing Tagged arnold vinick, Current Events, informal debate, Politics, senator arnold Comments Off on Foreshadowing Vinick as Santos’ Secretary of State?
Susan Faludi, Backlash 12
In my reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women, I’ve moved into what may turn out to be my favorite part of the book: Faludi’s critique of the New Right. I enjoy reading about … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 12