Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Student and Scholar Spotlight: Dr. Douglas Boin
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 10, 2012
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 67 and its interpreters. Psalm 67:1 states (in the King James Version): “God be merciful unto us, and bless us; and cause his face to shine upon us; … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on Psalm 67
Believing without Proof
Respectful Atheist has a thought-provoking post entitled Do Atheists Need Faith? I have some rambling thoughts. The definition of “faith” that Respectful Atheist is assuming in his post is essentially believing in something without proof. As he notes, many Christians … Continue reading
Posted in Atheism, Bible, Religion Tagged absolute proof, belief in god, definition of faith, Religion, theology, tooth fairy 3 Comments
Susan Faludi, Backlash 9
I have two items for my write-up today on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book, Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women: 1. Faludi talks about the show, Thirtysomething, and how it glorified women staying at home and criticized women who had … Continue reading
Posted in Television, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 9