Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The "We-Passages"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Hour Is Come!
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 8, 2012
Meier on “Kingdom of Heaven” and Matthew as a Gentile Gospel
Meier says on page 239 of volume 2 of A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus that the Gospel of Matthew has “Kingdom of Heaven” rather than “Kingdom of God” because Matthew is employing “a pious Jewish periphrasis to avoid … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion 2 Comments
Shepherds and Spiritual Experiences
My church had its Bible study last night. We’re going through Margaret Feinberg’s Scouting the Divine: My Search for God in Wine, Wool, and Wild Honey. I have two items: 1. I enjoyed the DVD that we watched, in which … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Church, Movies, Religion, School Tagged harvey cox, long periods of time, margaret feinberg, Religion, spirituality, wild honey 1 Comment
Susan Faludi, Backlash 7
In my latest reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women, Faludi talks about the backlash against the advancement of women that is occurring in the movies. In the 1970s, Faludi points out, films tended … Continue reading
Posted in Movies, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 7