Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- "Of Booker T. Washington and Others"
- In the Mold of Scalia and Thomas
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Accused
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Book Write-Up: UnClobber, by Colby Martin
- Book Write-Up: Sunlight, by Julius Buchanan
- Ramblings on Music and Worship
- Book Write-Up: The Book of Mormon
- Book Write-Up: War Against War, by Michael Kazin
- Book Write-Up: He Will Be the Preacher, by Erwin W. Lutzer
- Pentecostal/Name-It-Claim-It Remnants?
- Book Write-Up: Vos’ Reformed Dogmatics, volume 1, Theology Proper
- Book Write-Up: What Does the Bible Say About Suffering?
- Another Phyllis Schlafly Recollection
- Lots of Time Before the Wiping Away of Tears
Daily Archives: March 6, 2012
John Avlon of The Daily Beast has an excellent article about the decline of Rush Limbaugh, both in terms of the number of his listeners and the quality of his program. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Avlon’s … Continue reading
I started volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. On page 3, Meier sums up Jesus’ ministry: “Because of his claim to work miracles, a claim accepted by many, Jesus was not just another prophet … Continue reading