Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 6, 2012
John Avlon on the Decline of Rush Limbaugh
John Avlon of The Daily Beast has an excellent article about the decline of Rush Limbaugh, both in terms of the number of his listeners and the quality of his program. Here are some of my favorite quotes from Avlon’s … Continue reading
Posted in Current Events, Politics, Radio, rush limbaugh Tagged advertising, business, Current Events, environment, Politics, science Comments Off on John Avlon on the Decline of Rush Limbaugh
Meier’s Eschatological Jesus
I started volume 2 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. On page 3, Meier sums up Jesus’ ministry: “Because of his claim to work miracles, a claim accepted by many, Jesus was not just another prophet … Continue reading
Susan Faludi, Backlash 5
I have two items for my write-up today on Susan Faludi’s 1991 book, Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women: 1. Faludi talks about how the backlash against the advancement of women encourages women to be “forever static and childlike” … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Ronald Reagan, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 5