Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The "We-Passages"
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Did David Know That Uriah Knew (Assuming Uriah Knew)?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 5, 2012
I watched part of ABC’s GCB last night. GCB is based on the book Good Christian Bitches. There are Christians who are screaming “persecution” in response to this show. Some have glibly stated that there would be an outcry if … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Books, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Movies, Religion, Television, West Wing Tagged islam, nathaniel hawthorne, Religion, religious hypocrisy, scarlet letter Comments Off on GCB
Susan Faludi, Backlash 4
In my reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book, Backlash, Faludi disputes conservative arguments against day-care, as well as discusses the historical backlash against the advancement of women whenever they have made progress. Regarding day-care, she states that research demonstrates that … Continue reading
Posted in Politics, Ronald Reagan, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 4
When Did Jesus Eat His Last Supper and Die?
I finished up volume 1 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. In this post, I will talk about a biblical contradiction that Meier and many other scholars have highlighted. The contradiction concerns when Jesus died: Was … Continue reading