Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Honest Prayer
- About Me
- A Contradiction in Stephen King's IT
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- Transubstantiation: Was Thomas Aquinas a Semi-Calvinist?
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: March 5, 2012
I watched part of ABC’s GCB last night. GCB is based on the book Good Christian Bitches. There are Christians who are screaming “persecution” in response to this show. Some have glibly stated that there would be an outcry if … Continue reading
In my reading of Susan Faludi’s 1991 book, Backlash, Faludi disputes conservative arguments against day-care, as well as discusses the historical backlash against the advancement of women whenever they have made progress. Regarding day-care, she states that research demonstrates that … Continue reading
I finished up volume 1 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. In this post, I will talk about a biblical contradiction that Meier and many other scholars have highlighted. The contradiction concerns when Jesus died: Was … Continue reading