Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- The Hour Is Come!
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Nancy McKeon on Firefighter
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: March 2, 2012
More on Davy Jones
Yesterday, I posted some links to the episodes of My Two Dads on which Davy Jones appeared. I watched those episodes yesterday and really enjoyed them. I particularly liked the second episode, “Fallen Hero”. Davy Jones plays Malcolm, a successful … Continue reading
Posted in Deaths, Music, Television Tagged brady bunch, davy jones, drama, entertainment, music, my two dads Comments Off on More on Davy Jones
Susan Faludi, Backlash 1
I read the introduction to Susan Faludi’s 1991 book, Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women. I’ll use as my starting-point something that Faludi says on page xx: “As the backlash has gathered force, it has cut off the few … Continue reading
Posted in Political Philosophy, Politics, Women's History Month Comments Off on Susan Faludi, Backlash 1
Meier on Jesus’ Siblings and Jesus’ Celibacy
I have two items for my write-up today on volume 1 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew: Rethinking the Historical Jesus. 1. A doctrine that is held by many Catholics is that Mary was a virgin for the rest of … Continue reading