Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- The Importance of the Soup Kitchen
- Honest Prayer
- About Me
- Some New Arguments for the Principle of Sufficient Reason?
- Book Write-Up: Understanding Dispensationalists, by Vern Poythress
- Is Luke’s Silence Evidence of Ignorance? — Vridar
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
- Glenn Greenwald: Questions About the FBI’s Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media
- Books Write-Up: Worshiping with the Reformers; Understanding Gender Dysphoria
Daily Archives: February 28, 2012
As many of you know by now, Rick Santorum said that John F. Kennedy’s speech on the separation of church and state made him want to “throw up”. I watched Santorum on ABC This Week as he attempted to clarify … Continue reading
For the last two days of Black History Month, I was planning to blog about the chapter on civil rights in Joan Hoff’s Nixon Reconsidered. But I changed my mind on that, for a variety of reasons. For one, the … Continue reading
I started volume 1 of John Meier’s A Marginal Jew, which is about Jesus. In this post, I will talk about Meier’s discussion about the authenticity of two extrabiblical references to Jesus: that of Josephus (first century C.E.), and that … Continue reading