Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Book Write-Up: Things That Differ, by Cornelius R. Stam
- Book Write-Up: Among the Gods, by Lynn Austin
- John 21: Jesus Encourages (Not Rebukes) Peter
- Book Write-Up: The Counselor, by A.W. Tozer
- Shaman? Savior? Myth? Inkblot? --- Why Christianity's Main Man Remains So Elusive
- The Death Penalty
- Ben Sira's View of the Afterlife
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: February 22, 2012
What Am I Doing for Lent?
What am I doing for Lent? Zilch! I don’t like giving things up for forty days. Right now, I’m in the process of getting away from a religion that tells me what to eat and not eat and on what … Continue reading
Posted in Church, Holidays, Life, Religion Tagged believing in god, day of atonement, personal spirituality, positive attitude, spiritual activity, spiritual person Comments Off on What Am I Doing for Lent?
Do What You Can; Heavenly Father
I have two items for my write-up today on Hans Dieter Betz’s The Sermon on the Mount: 1. On page 323, Betz is commenting on Matthew 5:48, in which Jesus exhorts his disciples to be perfect, as their Father in … Continue reading
Nixon’s Civil Rights 22
For my write-up today on Dean Kotlowski’s Nixon’s Civil Rights, I’ll start with something that Kotlowski states on page 213, and the context is when Native American militants took over the Bureau of Indian Affairs building in Washington, D.C.: “Officials … Continue reading
Posted in Black History Month, Politics, Race Comments Off on Nixon’s Civil Rights 22