Posts I Like
Top Posts & Pages
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- "The Struggle for an Education"
- The Death Penalty
- Chaos in Chapter 26 of The Stand
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Book Write-Up: When Calls the Heart, by Janette Oke
- Book Write-Up: A Week in the Life of a Greco-Roman Woman
- Church Write-Up: Suffering and New Life
- Did Essenes identify with the Herods?
- The “Cushite” wife of Moses
- The wife and other problems about Cain
- An Exodus of children?
- The Timna mines and the Exodus
- Some issues concerning the exodus as an event in time
- Wilderness wandering and settlement of the land at the same time?
- Cain, Abel and anti-farmer prejudice
Daily Archives: February 10, 2012
Slate has an article on church discipline at Mark Driscoll’s Mars Hill Church (see here for background and links). What is interesting in this article is that it contains the point-of-view of Justin Dean, the PR and marketing manager of … Continue reading
There were quite a few interesting items in my latest reading of Richard Bauckham’s Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony. Bauckham continues his argument that the Gospel of Mark is based on eyewitness testimony from Peter. Against … Continue reading
For my write-up today on Dean Kotlowski’s Nixon’s Civil Rights, I’ll use as my starting-point something that Kotlowski says on page 96: “By the 1990s, federal courts, turning against affirmative action, had invalidated as gerrymandering many of the black districts … Continue reading