Tomorrow, George Stephanopoulos will be returning to ABC This Week, taking the place of Christiane Amanpour. I have enjoyed Christiane’s tenure on the program, particularly the debates that she moderated on Islam and big government. But I will be glad to watch George tomorrow. I did not care for George Stephanopoulos back when he was working for the Clinton Administration, for he came across on television as a pompous, arrogant, liberal know-it-all. I admired him, however, because he had a sharp mind. I started to like Stephanopoulos when he wrote an honest book about his experiences in the Clinton Administration, both good and bad (entitled All Too Human). And, whereas he struck me as narrowly partisan when working for the Clinton Administration (which I suppose is to be expected), I appreciated an interaction I heard between him and Sean Hannity on Republicans and the Civil Rights Act of 1964. When Hannity pointed out that many Republicans voted for that bill, George responded that many great achievements in history have been bipartisan.
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Book Write-Up: Farewell to God, by Charles Templeton
- The Two Witnesses in Apocalypse of Elijah and the Gospel of Nicodemus
- Book Write-Up: Worthy Is the Lamb, by Ray Summers
- Book Write-Up: Biblical Hermeneutics, Five Views
- "Take Away Our (Bent or Desire?) to Sinning"
- Psalm 120
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent