Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Ben Sira's View of the Afterlife
- Polly's Lessons
- Book Write-Up: Conformed to the Image of His Son, by Haley Goranson Jacob
- When Did Abraham Convert?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Lazarus and Osiris?
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
Daily Archives: January 4, 2012
I have three items for my write-up today on Chapter 5 of David Marshall’s True Son of Heaven: How Jesus Fulfills the Chinese Culture. Chapter 5 is entitled “Son of Heaven”. 1. On page 55, Marshall states: “Lao Tse wrote … Continue reading
Yesterday, in Oswald Chambers’ My Utmost for His Highest, I read the following (see here): “The only possible way to have full understanding of the teachings of Jesus is through the light of the Spirit of God shining inside us. … Continue reading
I started Martin Goodman’s Mission and Conversion: Proselytizing in the Religious History of the Roman Empire. Goodman’s argument so far is that Jews before 100 C.E. did not have an agenda of seeking to convert Gentiles to Judaism. But does … Continue reading