Top Posts & Pages
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Joan of Arcadia, Season 3
- Maccabees and Suicide
- Chapters 19, 21-23 of The Stand
- Essays I'll Need to Revisit
- The "We-Passages"
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- The Hour Is Come!
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: January 3, 2012
Ron Paul on Racism; Mark Driscoll on Marriage
I’d like to share a couple of links: 1. Here is a YouTube video, “Busted! Ron Paul racist rant caught on tape!” The title of the video is ironic because the video goes on to show that Ron Paul passionately … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Candidates, Politics, Religion Tagged federal death penalty, mark driscoll, war on drugs Comments Off on Ron Paul on Racism; Mark Driscoll on Marriage
Going Out on Faith?
I don’t plan to blog through every single entry in Oswald Chambers’ My Utmost for His Highest, but I’ll blog about entries whenever I feel like doing so. In the January 2 entry, Oswald Chambers says the following: “Have you … Continue reading
Posted in Religion Tagged complete surrender, getting to know god, oswald chambers, oswald chambers my utmost Comments Off on Going Out on Faith?
Wrestling with David Marshall’s Depiction of Jesus, and Conservative Evangelicalism in General
For my write-up today on David Marshall’s True Son of Heaven: How Jesus Fulfills the Chinese Culture, I’ll feature three quotes from Chapter 4, “The Tao of Revolution”, then I will ramble on about God, Jesus, and Christianity. Page 44: … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Religion Tagged buddhist priests, family loyalty, fragments of truth, lenin stalin Comments Off on Wrestling with David Marshall’s Depiction of Jesus, and Conservative Evangelicalism in General
Jesus’ Death in Acts; Matthew—-Jew or Gentile?
I finished Anti-Judaism in Early Christianity, volume 1, and I have two: 1. S.G. Wilson states on pages 157-158: “…the soteriological significance of Jesus’ death is never made explicit in the missionary speeches and is rarely apparent elsewhere in Luke-Acts. … Continue reading