Jim Linville’s Biblical Studies Carnival is now up! And, while I was looking at Dr. Jim’s site, I noticed that ex-fundementalist Edward Babinski is on his blogroll, and I decided to visit Babinski’s blog. Babinski has an excellent post contrasting C.S. Lewis with John McDowell. Conservative Christians have long told me and others to read C.S. Lewis, hoping that Lewis will somehow convince us to adopt their brand of Christianity. The thing is…Lewis was much more liberal than many of the people who recommend him, not to mention more thoughtful and likeable.
Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Augustine, Aquinas, and Luther on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- I Chronicles 22
- John and Realized Eschatology
- Bart Ehrman on Luke 3:22 and Anti-Adoptionism
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- True Unbelief, Romans 11, Retrieving Augustine’s Doctrine of Creation, the Real Anita Hill
- Columbus the Exemplar — The Imaginative Conservative
- The Sign of Cain, Romans 10, Dagger in the Heart
- Whitmer Kidnapper is a BLMer
- Lutheran View on Romans 9, Chrysostom’s Devil, Paved with Good Intentions
- Gentleness and Ann Coulter’s Mugged
- Reason: SCOTUS Contender Amy Coney Barrett’s Mixed Record in Criminal Cases
- Current Affairs: Why Amy Coney Barrett Should Not Be On The Supreme Court
- Anxious for Nothing, Buchanan’s The Greatest Comeback, with a Goebbels Tangent