Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- Genesis 3:22: Man Was Like One of Us
- Helel Ben Shachar: Satan
- Heavenly and Earthly Zion
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- Turning Stones into Bread: Why Was It Wrong?
- Two More Ideas on the Identity of Zechariah in Matthew 23:35
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
- FAIR: The Media Myth of ‘Once Prosperous’ and Democratic Venezuela Before Chávez
- Elder Platform for California
- Books Write-Up: Obadiah, Jonah and Micah; Letters for the Church; the Paradox of Sonship
- Common Dreams: Biden Applauded for Executive Order Targeting ‘Insidious’ Anti-Worker Practices
- Book Write-Up: The Path of Faith, by Brandon D. Crowe
Daily Archives: December 17, 2011
For my write-up today on Chapter 6 of David Marshall’s Jesus and the Religions of Man (which is entitled “Is Jesus a Fundamentalist?”), I’ll use something that Marshall says on page 134: “…the Bible picks what the modern world correctly … Continue reading
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 55 and its interpreters. In Psalm 55, the Psalmist wishes that he could flee to the wilderness as a dove, for the city where he apparently dwells is … Continue reading