Top Posts & Pages
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- About Me
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: December 11, 2011
Ordinarily at my church, someone from a charity comes to speak to us once a month. We haven’t had this for quite a few months, but we did today. A woman was telling us about hospice, in which a chaplain … Continue reading
Posted in Church Comments Off on Hospice
Religious Freedom: A Thorny Issue
Claude Mariottini has a post on Obama’s War on Religion, which discusses a recent column by Steve Chapman of the Chicago Tribune. Chapman does not take seriously much of Rick Perry’s accusation that President Barack Obama is waging a war … Continue reading
Posted in Atheism, Politics, Religion 2 Comments
The Coming Newt-Huntsman Debate
I think it’s cool that Newt Gingrich and Jon Huntsman will be having a Lincoln-Douglas debate on Monday in New Hampshire. Gingrich is in the upper echelons as far as polls go, yet he is taking the time to engage … Continue reading
Posted in Candidates, Politics Comments Off on The Coming Newt-Huntsman Debate
David Marshall: “Consilience”
I finished David Marshall’s The Truth Behind the New Atheism. The last chapter is entitled “Consilience”, which means the unity of knowledge that many new atheists seek, and which many Christians claim to have. On page 216, Marshall states: “One … Continue reading