Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- Carson on Agape and Some Word Fallacies
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- About Me
- Deuteronomy 24:4: Why Was the Ex-Wife Defiled?
- Exodus 22:2-3 and Self-Defense
- Star Wars and Christianity: Pro and Con
- Chapters 38-39 of The Stand
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Daily Archives: October 1, 2011
Introducing Glenn Bateman
Last night, I read Chapter 37 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition. In that chapter, we are introduced to Glenn Bateman, the crusty sociology professor. Glenn reminded me of my initial impressions of Harold Lauder (see … Continue reading
Posted in Stephen King Comments Off on Introducing Glenn Bateman
For my weekly quiet time this week, I will blog about Psalm 44. Psalm 44 is about Israel looking back to the days when God drove out the Canaanites and planted the Israelites in the land (a story that the … Continue reading
Posted in Bible, Psalms, Religion, Weekly Quiet Time Comments Off on Psalm 44
Jewish Eschatology: The Messiah’s Timing
I started Louis Feldman’s Jew and Gentile in the Ancient World. I have two items, which pertain to Jewish eschatology: 1. On page 26, Feldman states: “…we may note a Persian parallel to the motif that there will be six … Continue reading