Top Posts & Pages
- Matthew 4:18-22: Why Did They Follow Him?
- Why Did Jesus Tell Mary, "Mine Hour Is Not Yet Come" (John 2:4)?
- Is Dale Carnegie Biblical?; Compromise for God; Pagan Roots; Callimachus; Priests and Allegory; Israelite Welfare System; Lois Wilson
- Scrooge v. Ghost of Christmas Present on the Sabbath
- Genesis 4:13: Did Cain Repent?
- The Seating Arrangement at the Last Supper
- Isaiah 59:16-17: A Vulnerable God?
- Your Father Was an Amorite
- Genesis 3:3: Neither Shall Ye Touch the Fruit
- More on Christ in the Rig Veda (With a Question Mark)
- The New American on Pro-Life Laws and Keri Lake
- Tucker’s 5/17/2022 Monologue
- The Z Man: The Party’s Over
- David Cole on the Absurdity of WaPo “Fact-Checking” and the Woke “Words Kill” Meme
- FAIR: What You Should Really Know About Ukraine
- NYMAG: Joe Biden’s Big Squeeze
- Book Write-Up: The Alchemy Thief, by R.A. Denny
- Book Write-Ups: The Servant of the Lord and His Servant People; Reformation Commentary on John 13-21; Every Leaf, Line, and Letter
- The New American: Celebrate! Columbus “Divided History” and Deserves to be Defended, Not Upended
- Morning Wire: China’s Socially Conservative Reasons for Banning Video Games
Monthly Archives: September 2011
For my write-up today of Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I’ll talk about some things from page 770 of J. Carleton Paget’s essay on “Jewish Christianity”. Paget refers to Josephus’ Antiquities 20:197-203. This passage is … Continue reading
In this post, I’ll write about Chapter 32 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition, and tie that in to the Desperate Housewives season premiere. Chapter 32 focuses on Lloyd, who is in jail for murder. The … Continue reading
For today’s write-up on The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I will refer to a quotation of Morton Smith’s 1978 book, Jesus the Magician, which appears on pages 659-660 of E.P. Sanders and W.D. Davies’ … Continue reading
At church this morning, the main topic was following God’s instructions, but a sub-theme was following through on our promises. The pastor preached about Matthew 21:28-32, in which the father tells one son to work in the vineyard, and the … Continue reading
I have two items for my write-up today of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition: 1. On pages 258-259, I read the following: “Three years ago Stu had gotten a book called Watership Down to send to … Continue reading
Today, in The Cambridge History of Judaism, Volume Three: The Early Roman Period, I read an essay by W.D. Davies and E.P. Sanders, “Jesus: from the Jewish point of view”. Davies and Sanders present Jesus as one who predicted the … Continue reading
This post is a continuation of my series on feedback to my post, Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People’s Minds in a Tailspin!. Essentially, my post was about how certain ideas in evangelical or fundamentalist Christianity put some Christians’ minds … Continue reading
Last night, I read Chapter 28 of Stephen King’s The Stand: The Complete and Uncut Edition. It focuses on Fran Goldsmith. I have two items: 1. Fran’s mother and father have just died from the superflu, and there are thoughts … Continue reading
I’m continuing my series on feedback I received to my post, Ideas in Christianity Putting Some People’s Minds in a Tailspin!. I said the following: “To cite my own experience, I long had trouble with Jesus’ teaching that God will … Continue reading